The ultimate home audio system hub, the 818v2 Reference Audio Core represents the pinnacle of top-notch design and technical audio excellence. This is a high-performance pre-amplifier with a full suite of the proprietary resolution enhancement technologies that have made Meridian famous. With extensive connection options for all your audio sources, the 818v2 also has an internal digital source that can be connected, via Ethernet, to any Meridian Digital Media System.
FLEXIBILITY MEETS PERFECTION
With extremely high-quality analogue pre-amplifier outputs – using both balanced and single-ended connectors – this high-tech system hub can also be used in more traditional audio systems. And Meridian’s latest, supremely sophisticated digital signal processing means that digital signal errors have been reduced by an incredible 40 per cent. This is the ultimate system hub, complementing your home with a sublime blend of exquisite engineering, boundary-pushing tech and sublime sonic performance.
„Audio Core“ is Meridian’s name for a preamplifier, providing a range of inputs to suit all your sources, select them and play them back. 818v2 is the latest addition to Meridian’s Reference Series of flagship components, and Version 2 includes some of the latest technological developments. 818 Reference Audio Core seamlessly combines the multiple input capabilities of a high-performance pre-amplifier with a full suite of Meridian’s proprietary resolution enhancement technologies, while connecting directly to Meridian’s unique range of DSP Loudspeakers.
If you need the best Compact Disc playback, then you may want to look at the 808v5 Signature Reference Compact Disc Player, which includes many of the same features as the 818v2, but also includes a CD drive. But if you already have a disc player that suits your needs, or you simply don’t need one – having, for example, transferred them all to your Meridian Digital Media Systems – then the 818v2 is the perfect choice for the ultimate music system.
TRIPLE FIFO BUFFERING
Each sample of a digital recording must remain evenly spaced in time. Unfortunately, timing can vary, especially when reading discs. This is “jitter”, degrading music’s sense of space and diminishing realism. Meridian’s multiple “First In, First Out” buffering system minimises jitter, ensuring perfect timing and improved clarity. You enjoy a clearer feeling of the instruments and their interrelationship.
MERIDIAN APODISING FILTER
Filters are critical in digital audio. Commonly they introduce distortion and harshness because of „pre-ringing“. Early digital recordings suffer from harshness too, due to primitive filters. After painstaking research, Meridian developed a special filter that avoids pre-ringing, so it can be steeper, cleaning up the effects of early filters. The result: a better, cleaner sound from recordings old and new.
MERIDIAN HIGH RESOLUTION (MHR)
MHR was the first approved encryption method for transferring high definition digital audio between components. Previously, it had to be in the analogue domain, reducing quality. MHR allows secure movement of high resolution digital audio within a Meridian system, without compromise, improving quality by reducing cyclic repetition.
Traditional audio systems often require large, expensive cables to maintain their performance. Meridian’s SpeakerLink uses an “Ethernet style” cable that delivers pristine digital sound and control down a single cable between Meridian components. The result is simple, unobtrusive, and cost-effective cables that are easy to install.
- Reference preamplifier featuring Meridian enhancement technologies such as triple FIFO buffering, DSP upsampling and apodising filters to deliver the very best performance from any digital source.
- Advanced linear power supply and new master oscillator with 40% lower jitter for improved audio performance.
- ID41 card connects direct to a Meridian Digital Media System to make the 818v2 an audio endpoint, rendering audio streamed from the Digital Media System. Magnetically-isolated design maximises audio quality.
- Meridian SpeakerLink connection for ultimate quality and convenience of installation when driving Meridian DSP Loudspeakers.
- In common with other members of the Meridian 800 Reference Series, 818 employs triple FIFO buffering along with a full suite of Meridian’s proprietary resolution enhancing DSP technologies, including apodising up-sampling of standard-rate digital inputs.
- 818 features twin SpeakerLink outputs for “home run” connection in an all-digital system with any of Meridian’s SpeakerLink-equipped DSP Loudspeakers, along with superb high-quality analogue pre-amplifier outputs via both balanced and single-ended connectors – enabling 818 to be used in more traditional audio systems. Improved DSP feeding the analogue outputs delivers an even sweeter sound than before, thanks to advanced filter optimisation and other enhancements.In common with other members of the Meridian 800 Reference Series, 818 employs triple FIFO buffering along with a full suite of Meridian’s proprietary resolution enhancing DSP technologies, including apodising up-sampling of standard-rate digital inputs.
- New master oscillators reduce jitter by 40% over the previous version. 818 Reference Audio Core also includes an advanced linear power supply design for minimum noise and maximum signal integrity.